2021 Spring Forward Online Juried Exhibition
THIS CALL FOR ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED. RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY MAY 3RD, 2021.
FCA Toronto is hosting its first annual spring online exhibition called Spring Forward from May 10 to May 31, 2021. This will be a juried exhibition and sale of original artwork by FCA Toronto artists.
The key facts, terms, and conditions are listed further down this page.
Exhibition Type: An online juried exhibition for FCA Toronto artists under the FCA banner.*
* Artworks accepted into this show will be eligible for FCA signature points, even though the show is being hosted online. This is a temporary exemption from the FCA’s normal policy re: online chapter exhibitions due to the lockdown measures in force in Toronto prohibiting the opening of art galleries. If Toronto relaxes the rules by May, FCA Toronto may still decide it’s not practical or feasible to host the show in Toronto’s Art of Emotions gallery, as originally planned. In that case, we’ll follow the normal FCA policy and declare that the show is not a qualifying one for signature status points. We’ll notify participants as soon as possible about any change in this aspect of the exhibition.
Exhibition Dates: May 10th to May 31st, 2021
Exhibition Location: The FCA Toronto Website
Awards: We are offering the following prizes:
* 1st place — $500
* 2nd place — $250
* 3rd place — $100
* 3 honourable mentions
- David Goatley, SFCA — https://www.davidgoatley.com/
- Joan Larson, SFCA — http://www.joanlarson.com/
- Eunmi Conacher, AFCA — http://www3.telus.net/eunmiconacher/index.html
Maximum Number of Artworks to be Accepted: 60
Submission Start Date: March 19, 2021
Submission Deadline: April 15, 2021
Notification of Results by the FCA: May 3rd, 2021
Entry Fee: $15 per image (non-refundable)
Maximum Number of Artworks an Artist May Submit: 5
Maximum Number of Artworks per Artist the Jury May Accept: 3
- JPEG format
- At least 1500 pixels on the longest side of your image
- Maximum file size of 24MB
- There is no file naming convention
Terms and Conditions
Eligibility: To be eligible to submit an entry, artists must be members in good standing of the national FCA with Active or Signature status and they must also be affiliated with the Toronto chapter.
Acceptable Media: acrylic, graphite, ink, mixed media, oil, pastel, pencil, water media and hand-pulled prints in runs of up to 200. We will ask artists to also indicate the support as well as the medium they are used, e.g., acrylic on canvas, oil on aluminum panel.
Copyright: Submitted work must be original work by the artist, not copies or derivatives of the work of others or in any way an infringement of copyright. While using photos as a reference for painting is a long-held accepted practice, using stock imagery or photographs taken by professional photographers is not permissible at FCA Toronto, even with the photographer’s permission or with a paid license to reproduce the image. All artists accepted into FCA Toronto’s exhibition must confirm that their artwork is not a copy, derivative or based on the work of others, or in any way an infringement of Canadian copyright law.
Note: when you upload the image files on the FCA’s submission page, you do not need to worry about a naming convention for your files. FCA’s software generates a new file name based on your first name, last name and the title of your artwork.
Subject Matter: All styles and subject matter are acceptable. Every artwork submitted must comply with the Federation of Canadian Artists’ standard set of terms and conditions.
Availability: Artworks entered in this exhibition MUST be available for sale.
Sales and Pricing: We will be encouraging prospective buyers to contact artists directly to enquire about the work. In the exhibition, we will include your email address with the caption for your artwork so that you can be contacted. Artists are responsible for all aspects of closing the sale with prospective buyers — that includes negotiating price, collecting applicable taxes if any, and arranging for shipping and delivery.
Commission: If the artwork in the exhibition is sold through the exposure FCA Toronto provides on its website and social media platforms, then the Artist is obliged to pay FCA Toronto a 20% sales commission on the advertised price within 30 days of receiving payment from the buyer.